Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Do Something Democratic Congress

So far we are about 30 hours into the Democratic controlled congress and just what have they accomplished?

Passed the 9/11 recommendations. What took so freaking long?
Passed the increase in the minimum wage. Yea 315/Nay 116! Veto proof
Passed Stem Cell research bill. Yea 253/Nay 174. Not veto proof (need 290), damn.
<<>>

So far so good! I can't believe that there are still 174 congressional members that oppose stem cell research. Obviously they don't know anyone that has Alzheimer's, MS, ALS, Parkinson's or any other debilitating disease. Don't they realize these "embryos" are really just frozen, amorphous clusters of cells. They are going to be destroyed after a period of time anyway, why not donate them to research just before they are to be destroyed? I just don't get their logic.

Don't tell me that they are human life. You can't freeze me for several years, thaw me out and expect me to live do you?

I just heard one idiot express his concern that this would be the "slippery slope" that will lead to cloning. Why would that be the case? I know this is difficult concept for the Republicans to grasp, but try some oversight.

<>

It's all good, for now.

No comments: